uCoach is a NewinBridge development and targeted on teachers, trainers, coaches and workshop organizers and is build upon uBid technology. The functionality is designed to support, many e-learning scenarios.
- Jane is a bridge teacher and organizes class room courses and decides to use uCoach for marketing and teaching purposes.
1. Marketing (start a themed hand with a prospect)
- Jane has a e-mail list wit student prospects and new bridge season will start soon.
- Jane wants to announce that certain bidding themes will be covered in the course.
Part of the prospects might have already uBid installed and running but others not.
- Jane goes to the uCoach site:
- Selects a for example the theme "Opponents open Weak 3-5 level decision"
- Enters prospect email as Player
- Enters Mary's email as Partner
- Enters Email subject : Jane' s classroom classes start soon
- Enters Email body : With course information
- Enters a push (in-app) notification "Please check e-mail Jane's courses start soon"
A hand is started in uBid between Mary and prospect student they can bid and chat.
- Student has already installed uBid : the hand is started an prospect is in-app notified
- Student has not installed uBid yet no problem : the hand is started anyway and the student is invited by e-mail which includes download and installation instructions.
Alternatively and more efficiently Jane can upload a comma-separated values file (CSV) according to the following format: Theme , Player email, Partner email. This makes it easy to start multiple games between teacher and students and between students.
Jane can start games between students to distribute home work
The actual bidding can be discussed on next course meeting
- Great marketing tool: bid some hands and chat with prospects to convince them to join the course.
- Students learning curve will improve : sending specific hands to bid as home work
- Minimal effort for teacher
Status of development
- The technology is currently internally in use by NewInBridge and is operational but has to be streamlined for external use.
- The definition of uCoach' business model is work in progress.
We should listen to you:
- Key to success though is listening to the customer so let us know what you think about this.
- Any feedback is well appreciated requests to clarify or alternative use cases
- Please let us know if you even would like to join a uCoach beta test.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org